Tuesday, July 14, 2009

forecast; sunny with a chance of storm clouds

My featured finished project isn't knitting but hey, it is in the happy column of "done!" Last year about this time I started a dress for my little one on my then brand new Singer. The dress turned out pretty good for my first attempt at sewing with a machine. Unfortunately, at the time, it was just too big on her.

The upside now is, it does fit this summer, and voila! she has a brand new dress all of the sudden! The current work in progress is a knitting creation ... the Storm Cloud Shawlette. I chose it because it was a simple pattern with big payoff in the end. It does get a little ho-hum (it's 2 rows over and over, with a knit row thrown in every so often) but the bored feeling is fleets away knowing how lovely it's going to be once I cast off! To see how large it's getting, I taped another 29 inch circular needle to my working circ and slid the stitches over to spread out. I currently have more stitches than I am even going to bother counting!

Storm Cloud Shawlette by Hannah Breetz
Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment