Saturday, January 25, 2014

I'm a hooker now!


I finally learned to crochet! Friends have tried in vain to teach me before but, this time it actually stuck! Now I find myself wanting to crochet everything instead of knit.

One wonderful thing is that my hands don't hurt me like they do when I knit. Even when I loosen my grip while knitting, my left hand falls asleep, and my right arm just aches. I'll never be pain free, ever - that's just not how my body is these days. But with crochet, it seems I can make good progress on a project and feel like I'm accomplishing something, without all the stopping, shaking out the limbs, and massaging my hands.

I really do love knitting, and the look of knitted garments though. I'll be back soon, my Chiagoos, Hiya Hiyas, and KP circs. Promise.

As for my knitting...I've cast off a few smallish knitted projects recently.


and a very cute Keyhole Scarf for Bird

Both projects used the same Malabrigo worsted in "watergreen".

For my first hooking project ... other than all the swatches, that is .... a Faux Square Scarf. I love these because you work a rectangle, then slip stitch it together (in the case of crochet), or my favorite for knitting, a kitchener stitch.

A little peek of it so far ...

I've got a lot farther since this pic was taken earlier today. I'm just about done with the first hank of two I'll be using, of Lion Brand Heartland in "Olympic"... a lovely blue, perfect for the Winter Games coming up. I really am impressed with this acrylic! I cant lie - I'm a yarn snob. Normally I turn my nose up at acrylic. For a long time unless it was Dark Horse Fantasy, I refused to work with it. This yarn however is amazingly soft and really easy to work with. It's also nice to know I don't have to worry about felting :)

If you've got this far, thank you for reading my post! I'm here and there, and sometimes missing all together but, I always mean to get back to my blogging ;)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend - and stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment